Tuesday, June 8, 2010

just a... dream world

It was a hospital… yes a hospital, and that too of here, with everything right from the nurses, medicos, proper doctors, and of course patients and relatives. Nurses had their regular uniform, with no change, and doctors were wearing the same unwashed dirty Aprons…


I thought I was having one more nightmare… something like my live life, something I’m used to observe… I thought the nurse would now shout at that old patient… the doctor would tell the relatives of that old stroke patient to carry him to home for it was useless to keep him in the hospital as the stroke was irreversible. The blind girl would receive few mocking laughs… and that accident patient in the causality room would lose battle with life… the poor grandma would pray the doctors to save her money and the doctors would deny saying that MRI facility isn’t available as it was a government hospital… the angio fibroma boy would lose his life because of excessive bleeding during the surgery, and that diabetes uncle would get infected after the amputation operation…


I was preparing my heart… but it gave a painful sprain like contraction instead of the usual moan, when I saw the nurse’s smile… Nurses can smile! The stroke patient had got the treatment and left the hospital walking, talking and laughing; the blind girl had her own functioning beautiful eyes… poor grandma was still there but was smiling while holding the reports of the MRI in her hands, the MRI machine here was functioning, and there was another instrument… more advanced! The accident patient had got all his organs repaired with cultured organs from his own tissues… and the angiofibroma had got treatment with nano robots… without surgery. The diabetes uncle was happy with his brand new leg, and control of diabetes… … I needed to admit myself in the ‘Cardiac Care Unit’ to avoid an heart attack due to powerful fountains of joy…Oh my goodness… there was something like Cardiac Care Unit here, in this government hospital, with nano instruments to take care of narrowed blood vessels, tissue cultures synthesizing heart valves, part of heart walls and even complete hearts, with the patient’s own genetic composition… I tried to see the date; might be it was a day in future… but couldn’t see the year! I thought to go to the Obs- Gyn department and to see the conditions of females there…


… but the voice of ambulance started becoming shriller and shriller… as if a mosquito was singing… no there were many, I killed one of them with a slap on my cheek… and got my dream aborted. I had to wake up, to study… I was to have my Obs- Gyn exam. I had to pass, so that I could make my dream true…


But I really wanted to live in that dream… permanently! The mosquitoes shouldn’t have waked me up; hey did I notice there wasn’t a trace of these mosquitoes in my dream world?

No comments:

Post a Comment